My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Introducing your topic


I have discovered that my passion is cookbooks. Whether they provide a practical solution to eating or inspire me to create food that reflects myself and my mood, the cookbooks I have accumulated have become a passion. I am on the verge of collecting all types of cookbooks. In discovering my passion, I have also found excitement in the thought of collecting.

In beginning to research this topic, I have discovered a plethora of web content that reflects a renewed interest in cooking and recipe books. The success of cooking shows on television such as Masterchef and My Kitchen Rules appear to have ignited a basic need into a creative endeavour. The cookbooks that I have begun to accumulate are a reflection on the skills that I have gained and the type of food I like to cook.

The cookbook collection I intend to begin has led me to look seriously at the cookbooks I own and the stories the books themselves tell. I have become interested in the culture and heritage of the books I have and the possibility of the collection becoming a story in itself as it not only speaks of the cooks and chefs themselves, but also of myself and the journey that is created by the simple preparation and sharing of a meal with people in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment